|Titre d'emploi :||Desktop Support Engineer_ Edmonton|
|Mots clés :||SSCM, desktop, support, engineer, technician, helpdesk, IT, TI, informatique|
|Catégorie d'emploi :|
|♦ Réseaux, exploitation, support [ Administration systèmes, Gestion de réseaux (LAN, WAN), Soutien technique, Support ]|
|♦ Autres [ Autres ]|
|Adresse :||3 Place Ville-Marie, 4ieme étage|
|Formation :||Diplôme d'études collégiales (DEC)|
|Recruit Action is looking for a Desktop Support Engineer for our client in Edmonton. |
What is in it for you:
• 6-month contract
• Dynamic and professional environment
• Opportunities for growth and professional development
• Potential for extension
• Work with a Fortune 500 company!
A day in the life of a Desktop Support Engineer:
• Maintain standard software configurations, including troubleshooting, loading and configuring software images, supported applications and drivers.
• Take a leadership role in the development of information technology and infrastructure solutions as new external projects are initiated.
• Partner with the Solution Architecture team that focus on early drafts of Statement of Work (SOW) with potential customers to determine if intended solution appropriately meets the customer needs.
• Be able to clearly articulate any changes to the solution in a clear and concise manner.
• Create and seek customer approval of proposed application test parameters prior to formally implementing the deployment and procedure of patch and software via shared services tools.
• Create, install, support and troubleshooting of approved desktop software via shared service automated software deployment tool.
• Utilize any shared services tool to create standard or customized reports for further analysis of assets and software distribution.
• Plan and execute maintenance, moves, adds and changes within the shared services realm of project scope.
• Provide support services to junior team members with technical problems and information technology within the shared services stream.
• Provides timely resolution of problems or escalation of shared services program issues on behalf of customers and project team members.
• Proactively provide continuous process improvement feedback and update standard operating procedures to improve operational efficiency.
• Q/A work of junior team members in the areas of image and software package development, test plans, or activities contained within any future change requests.
• Provide Subject Matter Expertise (SME) across multiple offerings within the Shared Services & Engineering domain.
• Uses skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices, company policies, and procedures.
• Recommends hardware and software solutions, including new acquisitions and upgrades.
• Troubleshooting and resolving complex LAN, firewall, and shared services enterprise application incidents by coordinating effort with upper tier support teams to help facilitate
What you will need to succeed:
• Ability to work independently and take accountability.
• Ability to manage IT / Desktop initiatives and organize projects.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Establish procedures and will continuously look for opportunities to proactively enhance.
• Strong technical and analytical skills, specifically with the shared services Enterprise Application solutions.
• SME-level expertise of supported Microsoft Windows operating systems.
• Intermediate level expertise with other operating systems such as Linux and MAC.
• Intermediate level expertise using virtualization tools such as VMware or Hyper-V.
• Experience with Citrix.
• Advanced- level expertise with Active Directory administration, including maximizing the use of Group Policy Objects (GPOs) for task automation.
• Advanced level expertise with multiple scripting tools.
• Strong interpersonal skills in dealing with a wide range of customers with varying computer abilities.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills in dealing with a wide range of stakeholders, peers and reports
Why Recruit Action?
We give you the opportunity to accelerate your career. Recrute Action provides recruitment services through quality support and a personalized approach to job seekers and businesses. Thank you for your interest in this position. Only qualified candidates who match hiring criteria will be contacted.