|Titre d'emploi :||Sr Back End (PHP) Developer – Remote / Montreal|
|Sr Back End Developer – Remote / Montreal|
Position: Sr Back End Developer
Location: Remote – Montreal area
We are seeking a Senior Back-end Developer. This developer’s efforts will be focused but not limited to the Back-end. Building and supporting complete software ecosystems that typically include other disciplines such as mobile and web.
They will have the ability to continuously prioritize tasks and have a consistent track record of delivering complete, well-architected results.
They will balance creative, reliable engineering with high quality and client focus. They must be able to work across multiple facets of projects and manage multiple responsibilities at the same time.
They are also expected to assist with mentoring junior developers’ and software developers’ coding and technical problem-solving skills through code reviews and pair programming.
• Has a working understanding of design patterns and architecture; understands what makes software testable and maintainable and includes these principles in the work
• Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with project stakeholders; studying client systems’ flow and work processes; identifying and investigating problem areas
• Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments, and clean code
• Updates job knowledge by studying the latest development tools and programming techniques; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; participating in professional organizations
Project Management Component:
• Employs technical expertise to lay the groundwork for effective project management
• Assists Project Manager to determine operational feasibility through analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and solution proposal
• Provides technical background input while collaboratively generating project estimates/ rough orders of magnitude with the Project Manager
• Adapts leadership style to leverage team members’ motivations and strengths while helping them to overcome weaknesses
• Supports and develops software developers by providing advice, coaching, and educational opportunities
• Works collaboratively with others to achieve goals
• Makes informed decisions quickly and takes ownership of technology choices, project pace, and direction
• 5+ years of software development experience
• 2+ years experience with cloud infrastructures and server-side development
• Extensive database and SQL optimization experience, particularly MySQL
• Superb problem-solving and troubleshooting skills, as well as the capacity to think creatively under pressure
• Experience building single-page applications, responsive websites and web apps
• Experience working on back-end server APIs
• Git experience
• PhoneGap / Cordova experience (nice to have)
Why Recruit Action?
Recruit Action provides recruitment services through quality support and a personalized approach to job seekers and businesses. Only qualified candidates who match hiring criteria will be contacted.