Let’s dive right in with the qualities we are looking for in you as a Cloud Platform Specialist - Openstack Architect:
• Above all, you are passionate about system administration and you dream to contribute to the IaaS of tomorrow.
• You are tuned in to new trends and technologies.
• You’re well known for your strong communication skills with the ability to converse fluently with multiple types of audiences ranging from managers, customers, partners and software development personnel
• You like challenges: the more complex the infrastructure is, the more fun !
• You like working in team and receiving, as well giving your teammates, relevant and constructive comments
In concrete terms, your daily responsibilities will be:
• Design, deploy, maintain and optimize large scale infrastructure and client shared platforms
• Monitor infrastructure for availability, performance & security
• Performance tuning, load balancing and optimizing for availability, scale and user experience
• Implement appropriate continuous integration procedures for application releases
• Design, recommend and implement solutions and tools for performance, security and availability
• Operational support – participate in daily operations, on-call rotation and automation efforts
• Liaise with clients, service & hardware providers and internal departments for projects and problem resolution.
• Act as a subject matter expert for development team mentoring
• BS in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent work experience
• 3+ years of technical experience in managing complex web infrastructure
• 5+ years of Linux advanced administration experience (RedHat, Ubuntu, Debian, CentOS)
• 5+ years of service administration experience (Apache/Postfix/BIND, MySQL/MSSQL/DRBD))
• Familiarity with application development lifecycle and Agile methodologies
• Excellent documentation and technical writing abilities
Technical specifications :
• Strong virtualization knowledge and experience with Xen, KVM and Openstack
• Strong system development skills in Bash, Perl or Python.
• Strong automation programming experience with Puppet, Ansible, etc.
• Experience with monitoring tools such as Nagios, Shinken, Cacti.
• Good knowledge of storage technologies i.e. iSCSI, CEPH, Swith.
• Experience with load balancing technologies i.e. HAproxy, Corosync, Pacemaker.
• Experience with Elasticsearch, Redis and Logstash
Here’s what we are offering you :
• A playground of thousands of servers and dozens of datacenters around the world.
• Training and testing lab environment to experiment your craziest ideas and test the most innovative solutions and technologies
• The possibility of leaving your mark in the OpenStack community and work with recognized experts.
• BBQ patio, game room, fussbal, happy hour, fruits offered in the morning and more!
Please submit your curriculum in Word format.
Modis would like to thank you for your interest about this opportunity. Please be advised, a member of our Team will contact you shortly.
If you are not available and you know someone who may be interested, please do not hesitate to refer them to Modis. We have an interesting Referral Program, for information regarding this program, please contact us.
The Modis brand is a trademark of different global consulting and staffing information technology services.
Today, we are recognized as a leader in the recruitment of human talent and we offer our services across Canada, the United States, Europe, UK, Australia and Asia.
We are an equal opportunity employer.